Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I keep using this word "Goal"...

I don't think it means what I think it means.

So. Yeah. Last week. My goal was 30 miles. I'm so proud to report that I ran 12.2 whopping miles.

Stop being so impressed...


Monday - 3.1 miles easy on the Cap City Trail at lunch(10:16 pace) and 3.5 miles of speedwork on the treadmill at night (5x400 at 8:00 pace)

Wednesday - 2.5 angry miles on the treadmill. My husband had a family emergency (everything's fine now) but there was a lot of miscommunication and trying to chase people down which made me so frustrated. I thought a run would help, but it just made me angrier for some reason, so I quit at 2.5 miles. (I don't know why I quit so early on runs sometimes - I usually don't start to really enjoy a run until 3-4 miles in. I should make a note of this and stick it to my treadmill.)

Friday - 3.1 miles on treadmill at 9:29 pace. I thought I would be doing a long run on Saturday, so I didn't do too much Friday night.


And that's it. I tweaked my stupid hip while out ice fishing on Saturday morning and had to rest it all weekend. (I suppose dirty dancing with the ice auger didn't help...) I did catch a fish though!




Not quite big enough to feed the village.


The hip is doing better, but the half marathon this weekend will be quite the treat. I'm going to try to stay positive and look at this run as what I need to get back on track with weekend long runs. And I'm going to enjoy myself, dammit!


Goals for this week:

Run 20 miles (Eff 30 miles in the face!)
Enjoy the Icebreaker Indoor Half Marathon and don't worry about time
Catch a bigger freaking fish





Have a lovely week!

3 comments:

  1. awww those random oops I hurt myself moments are such a bummer, but at least it was for a fun cause :) Good luck enjoying the scenery at the race

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your hip is feeling better! Nice job with the fish :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! But you had a double in there, bad ass!

    Dare I ask about this family emergency? Grr. I have had those angry runs that make me angrier! That is why I don't believe the "no one ever regretted a run" memes on Facebook. I have!

    This half will give you the kick in the butt you need! And you totally got 20 this week! Go get it!

    ReplyDelete

That's what she said...