Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Weekly Recap 1/6-1/12 - Plus other stuff

Geez, yesterday was so busy that I didn't even get a chance to post my pathetic weekly recap. Here's how it went:
 
 

Monday: 4.5mi on treadmill. 9:11 avg pace. This run felt really good and the middle miles were at a 9:00 pace.

Tuesday: 4mi easy on treadmill. 9:47 pace

Thursday 6.3 miles on treadmill: 2m easy, 1m @ 8:30, 1m easy, 1.5m @ 8:30, .75 easy. Overall 9:30 pace. I don't know if my treadmill needs to be calibrated or what, because those miles at 8:30 pace didn't seem all that difficult. I'm going to chalk it up to my awesomeness for now.

After those three workouts I was so pumped for a Saturday morning long run with friends outside in daylight! Of course, mother nature decided to dump ice all over Wisconsin on Friday night which made running on the roads impossible. Instead of taking it to the gym, my friends and I had a lazy morning which lead into a fun night of birthday celebrations. By the time Sunday rolled around and I drove 2.5 hours home, I was too tried and lazy to drag my butt onto the treadmill.  Watching playoff football and eating nachos seemed more importatnt at the moment. I don't regret my choices.

Last week's goal: 30 miles
Last week's mileage: 14.8 miles

This week's goal: 30 miles. Let's try it again


Other stuff:

  • We had our first meeting to prepare for The Longest Day 2014 on Saturday! This year is going to be bigger and better than the last two and Kim and I have so many friends and family joining the team and helping out with planning. It sure makes a difference when 15+ people are splitting up all of the tasks that we have tried to tackle ourselves the last two years!

  • Kara at It's a Dog Lick Baby World is having a raffle to raise money for the Semper Fi Fund which helps injured and critically ill service members and their families. She is going to run a 100 mile ultra this spring in recognition of the cause! If that alone doesn't make you want to donate, she has some really nice prizes up for grabs, so check it out.


Have a lovely day!


2 comments:

  1. Nice miles on the treadmill! I bet it's totes you, not the mill! Keep it up!

    I was supposed to run with a big group on Saturday but most of them went indoors because of the ice. We sure are having a tricky winter! You'll get to your 30 this week! And the HM is not a goal race, so just have fun! :)

    Yay for all the help with the longest day prep! I am hoping to come this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out!

    At least the runs you did do were high quality! That counts more than 30 junk miles. :)

    ReplyDelete

That's what she said...